Building Blocks of Success: IDOT announces March dates for Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program Workshops, March 9-31, 2021
The Illinois Department of Transportation is hosting free virtual workshops in March as part of its Building Blocks of Success series for firms interested in participating in the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise program, strengthening their skills and bidding on state projects. The workshops are open to all, but some are tailored to specific districts/regions of the state.
The workshop dates and topics are:
- March 9: Extra Work (T&M), 10 a.m. to noon
- March 11: Construction Materials Requirements, 10 a.m. to noon
- March 16: Landscape Material and Other Requirements, 10 a.m. to noon
- March 18: Prime Contractors’ Perspective, 10 a.m. to noon
- March 23: Getting Paid, 10 a.m. to noon
- March 25: Required Documents, 10 a.m. to noon
- March 29: Quick Books Part 1, 10 a.m. to noon
- March 30: Quick Books Part 2, 10 a.m. to noon
- March 31: Quick Books Part 3, 10 a.m. to noon
Building Blocks of Success will be conducted through April. Workshop information, including dates and times, will be made available through Eventbrite at bit.ly/DBEworkshops. Advance registration is required.
Questions can be directed to the DBE resource center at (312) 939-1100.
Administered by IDOT, the DBE program provides minorities, women and other eligible small businesses an opportunity to participate in highway, transit and airport contracts that are federal and state funded. For more information on becoming a certified DBE and learning more about IDOT resources that are available, visit www.idot.illinois.gov/dbe.